Saturday 23 April 2011

Double Page Spread Article

LE, known by friends and family as Ellie Shipman, has quickly created a reputation of being the UK’s answer to POP. Oozing talent and charisma, LE also has impeccable fashion sense and has already been featured on the ‘well-dressed’ pages of various weekly celebrity gossip magazines. However, this new found fame has come as a pleasant surprise, but not without a lot of hard work.
LE isn’t your stereotypical, layabout student; not only is she a budding superstar, she has lots of other success’ in the pipeline: Since studying Textiles at the University of Brighton she has designed her own clothing label and is currently working on her second line.

Not one to rest, her evenings consist of sewing, designing and writing music and she claims ‘whenever I an I also try to get to my Thursday night yoga class.‘The thing is I’m not a lazy so and so. I love being busy all of the time. Lot’s of people expect me to be some sluggish student who stumbled across a record deal but I’m like, ‘I’m not just a teenage dirtbag’ y’know? *Laughs*No but seriously, I work so hard for everything I have, I mean, I’ve been gigging in my local [pub] since I was fifteen!

Fame doesn’t just find you, you have to find it. Of course making it big is partly down to luck, but you have to go out there and give luck a chance. No-one will spot you if all you ever do is chill at home.’
The young singer is currently enjoying commercial success after she was ‘spotted’ in a pub in Brighton by Richard Guest (owner of Round Record Label). He instantly took a shining to her:

I was just doing a usual performance in my local. It just so happened that Rich was on a weekend break with his wife and came to the pub I was performing in for a quiet drink.
Cheryl [Richard Guest’s wife] was apparently moaning at him when he wanted to approach me, because he couldn’t just have one weekend away from his work. I’m glad she let him in the end though!
I signed a contract just two weeks later, and the rest, as they say, is history.
LE is nineteen and is in her second year studying an honours degree in Textiles. She admits that being in her final year is taking its toll, in more ways than one.
She reveals ‘it’s hard being in my final year and doing the music thing, and not just because of time management and the work load; my success has attracted a lot of stale reactions from people I thought were my friends.

I think people can be really jealous of what I have achieved, but I wish they could just be happy for me. I think in some way they might just feel betrayed that I’m off doing my own thing while they are still stuck in the same place, but I don’t have time for people like that. I just surround myself with my loved ones because I know they will always support me.

The down-to-earth and sincere chick has her new album ‘All for One’ out this Friday. It is set to enter the album charts at No3 and is available to download from iTunes.





No comments:

Post a Comment